Sunday, April 7, 2019

14 Oct 1945 "DISCHARGE" (Post #114)




Camp Swift Texas
Oct. 13, 1945
Dear Mother,
     This will be my last letter to you as a soldier in the U.S. Army. Do not write me anymore and the next news you receive from me will be to let you know I'm on my way home, also the time I'll arrive.
     I'm now up for discharge and this means only a couple of days before I'll be out.
     I might write a long letter but still it wouldn't tell you how I feel so I guess the best thing to do is just wait until I get home - and that won't be long.
     I'll wire you from Boston so you'll have plenty of time to meet me in Portland.
     Don't forget to tell Dad, Eugene and remember yourself that when you see me again JUST Call me --
"MR."  Love Charles














No comments:

Post a Comment